Skip to content
Versa Drain Plumbing Proficiency Test
Thank you for filling out our job application form. Please answer the following seven questions.
1) Food handling equipment and clear-water waste, shall discharge though a/an?
2) A __________ is a vent which receives the discharge from wastes other than water closet.
3) Each domestic water heater or hot water storage tank shall be provided with a __________ in the water supply inlet.
flow pressure regulator
approved back-flow protection device
4) A 6” diameter sanitary building drain installed horizontally must fall a minimum __________ per foot?
5) What is the proper minimum height of an air gap for back flow protection?
1” or the pipe size diameter.
Just high enough so it doesn’t splash.
1” or twice the pipe diameter.
1/2 of the pipe size diameter.
6) A restaurant has a stoppage the grease trap is over full and the bathrooms are over flowing from the floor drains. All floor sinks are full of water. there’s an outside clean out and it is full of water where is the best place to clear the blockage?
The largest roof vent.
From the inlet of the grease trap.
Clean out that is full of water.
Pull a toilet and cable through the closet flange..
7) WT# 123456 is dispatched for Linnie’s Sweets and Such, a brand-new Ice cream restaurant. Linnie, the store manager, has called because their two restrooms are clogged, and the floor drains are overflowing when they flush their toilets. You arrive to find this information is correct. All plumbing in the restaurant is up to code. The grease trap is operating and flowing properly. What is the most effective ways to clear this stoppage?
Pull toilets and cable through them so they will all flush better.
Pull a toilet closest to the outside main.
Through the floor drain that is back flowing the most.
Through the last clean out holding water.